This article describes the basic requirements and supported operating systems for Card Recon.
Card Recon requires a minimum of 25MB available disk space and 512MB RAM. We recommend 1GB RAM or more for optimal performance.
This product is designed to run at low priority and to use minimal system resources. To that end, Card Recon is generally safe for use on production systems. Nevertheless, Ground Labs recommends that it's use be supervised by an IT administrator to ensure no adverse side effects.
Officially Supported Operating Systems
Our software is expected to work on any recent Linux distribution and on all current versions of Windows. These are the operating systems we have tested:
- AIX: 6.1-7.1
- Linux: CentOS 5.2+, Debian 4.0+, Fedora 9+, Redhat 6+, Slackware 12.1+, SUSE, and Ubuntu 8+. We require a minimum Linux Kernel version of 2.4.
- HP-UX: 11 Integrity and HP9000.
- macOS: 10.8 and newer.
- Microsoft Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- Microsoft Windows Server: 2003, 2003R2, 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2, 2016
- Solaris: 9.x-11.x (SPARC and Intel x86)
Please note that the Graphical User Interface is only supported on Windows. All other operating systems support the Command Line only.
All information in this article is accurate and true as of the last edited date.