This article shall serve as a guide on deleting matches found for individual Targets on the ER web console.
Please note that this is not a remediation method and does not actually delete any files containing the matches within the Targets themselves.
A common usage scenario is when you've selected a wrong data type to search for and the scan returns a report of matches that doesn't actually matter, therefore you wish to remove these redundant matches from the Target's report.
- Logged into your ER web console, go to the 'Targets' page
- Click on the name of the Target with the redundant matches
- Click on the 'Filter' button
- From here, you may select (tick) the redundant matches you wish to remove either individually or by data type
- The 'Trash' button should now appear beside the 'Filter' button, click on it to delete the selected matches
- Confirm deletion of matches by signing off
All information in this article is accurate and true as of the last edited date.