Upon purchasing a Card/Data Recon license, you can immediately access your software by downloading it from the Ground Labs Portal. This article explains the process of doing this.
Downloading the product
- Login to the Ground Labs Portal here
- Once logged in, the list of available downloads for Card/Data Recon is displayed.
- Download the product by clicking the 'Download' button at the right-hand side, making sure to choose the appropriate version for your platform
- If using Windows, it is recommended you use the Graphical User Interface (GUI) version
- If you're unsure whether to use a 32 or 64-bit Windows version, start with the 32-bit as it is backwards compatible with most 64-bit systems. There is little performance difference between either version
- A command-line version of Card Recon is available for all other platforms
- The same software download can be used for both Standard or Advanced Edition license types
Running the software
For help in using the command-line (CLI) versions, visit this article here.
- Browse to the location where Card/Data Recon was downloaded to
- To run the software, simply double click on the executable
- Card Recon requires no installation
- No files will be installed anywhere and no registry settings will be touched
- The software is completely portable so it can be run from a USB device, shared folder or any accessible location.
- If prompted by User Account Control, check the publisher is "Ground Labs Pte Ltd" and if correct, select 'Yes'
- Card Recon will now execute and request your login details
- The login details are identical to your Ground Labs Portal login credentials which is based on your email address
- When entered, Card/Data Recon will contact our authentication servers via the internet and verify your credentials
- Alternative methods of authenticating are described in this article
- Card/Data Recon is now ready to begin a search
All information in this article is accurate and true as of the last edited date.